Community Research Collaboration Award Webinars
Are you a community member interested in finding answers to health questions about your community? Are you a researcher curious about how you can partner with community members to conduct breast cancer research together? Join us for a free, LIVE, engaging one-hour information webinar about the Community Research Collaboration (CRC) Awards from the comfort of your own desk.
CRC awards provide $150,000 to $600,000 of funding (plus indirect funds for most institutions) from the California Breast Cancer Research Program and require a partnership of California-based community organizations and research scientists. While the call for applications occurs around the end of September each year (with a submission deadline in February of each year), finding a partner, forming your team, discussing research ideas and methodology, and getting prepared to apply should begin now.
Past CRC Awards have funded a variety of research topics, including:
- Latina Breast Cancer Survivors...Our Experience
- Mindful Movement Program for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Breast Cancer Clinical Trials Education Program
- Adapting a Breast Cancer Education Program for South Asians
- Increasing Mammography Screening in Latinas with Diabetes
- Breast Health Behaviors of Immigrant Afghan Women
- Sister Survivor: African American Breast Cancer Coalition
- Breast Cancer Risks in California Nail Salon Workers
- Expanding Rural Access: Distance Delivery of Support Groups
- Underserved Women with Breast Cancer at End of Life
Upcoming CRC "How to Apply" Webinars:
This Summer and Fall, the CBCRP will be hosting webinars for potential applicants for the 2014 CRC Pilot and Full Awards
applications. Webinars will take place on:
- Tuesday June 25, 1:00 – 2:00 PM
- Wednesday July 24, 10:00 – 11:00 AM
- Wednesday August 21, 10:00 – 11:00 AM
- Tuesday September 10, 1:00 – 2:00 PM
To sign up for the webinar of your choice please click this link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CRC2013Webinar.
Information to access the webinar will show when you complete the webinar registration, and will be emailed in the week
leading up to the webinar as a reminder. For any questions, please contact Senaida Fernandez, Ph.D. at Senaida.Fernandez@ucop.edu.
For archived webinars, including slides from the presentation, please see the "Archived Workshops" section below.
From the 2010 Tele-Webinar series:
Recordings of December 15, 2010 workshop: Part 1 and Part 2
Workshop materials for December/January: "Introduction to CRC Application and Review Process".(PDF)
"Introduction to Community-based Participatory Research & the CBCRP CRC Awards"
From the 2009 Tele-Webinar series:
"How to Apply Teleconference: Getting Started" webinar (May 11, 2009) for an audio/video playback of the webinar or "How to Apply Teleconference: Getting Started" slide presentation to see the slides alone.
"How to Apply Teleconference: Application Materials" webinar (September 2009) for an audio/video playback of the webinar or "How to Apply Teleconference: Application Materials" slide presentation to see the slides alone.